Steps to using JaxCat, the Houston Cole Library catalog
2. Type in your search terms or title.
3. Look for available books in the results list and write down the call number.
4. The call number is the book's physical address or unique identifier. For example, books that begin with the call number "M" are about music and are found on the 6th floor. Another hint is that books of similar subjects are grouped together on the shelf so if you find one book, you will find others on the same topic.
5. While you are looking at the book in the catalog, notice the underlined subjects, these are like hashtags. The subjects in the catalog are linked to books of similar topics. For example, it is possible to find one good title, and then use the subjects in the catalog record to find similar titles.
6. If you have questions, contact your librarian, Carley Knight at esknight at jsu dot edu
To search for scores in the Library catalog, use the drop-down box next to "Location" and select "Music Scores".
These are some noteworthy titles that we have available in print on the 6th floor.