It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Careers and Employment: Find Books
This guide is designed to help you find materials available from the Houston Cole Library for research in careers and employment.
This title examines 20 occupations in hospitality and tourism which encompasses the management, marketing and operations of restaurants, lodging, attractions, recreation events and other travel related services. Careers covered in the text include Chef, Cosmetologist, Fitness Trainer, Florist, Gardener, Hotel Manager, Interior Designer, Pilot, Sailor, Travel Agent, and many more.
Chapters provide an inside-look at the career options within a particular profession, including:
- Overview: Sphere of Work
- A Day in the Life
- Work Environment: Physical, Human, Technological
- Education & Training: Schooling, Licensing, Adult Job Seekers
- Earnings & Advancement
- Areas with the Highest Employment Levels
- Employment Outlook
- Associations & Business Contacts to Jumpstart Networking
- Plus... Famous Firsts, Occupation Specialties, Skills & Abilities, Fun Facts
- Conversations with Real Professionals, including: What I Wish I Had Known.