1. Find the book you would like to check out using Worldcat.
2. Check to see if it is available from either: Auburn, Alabama, UAB, or AUM.
3. Click on the link to ALLIES
4. Select the Library catalog you would like to search and then click "Connect"
5. Copy and paste the title of the book into the Search field (remember to omit, "a, an, the").
6. After you have located your book, click on the title to access more information about the book.
7. Once you are in the page with the book's information, click on "Request".
8. Select "Student ID" from the drop-down box and enter your number then hit enter and click "OK" for UB (universal borrowing) request.
9. Another screen will pop up and you will enter your student id number again.
10. Your request was made if you see this message "Your Patron Initiated Request was successful".
11. The library will email you when the book arrives and you can pick it up at the circulation desk in the lobby.